Thursday, September 4, 2008

Walt Disney World® Day 00: The Countdown is winding down

Well, Monday, September 8 is my 37th Birthday.  As a fantastic birthday gift, my wife surprised me with a trip to Walt Disney World Resort® for a quick 5-ish day trip (I say “ish” because we really have a partial day on the 1st and 5th day).

She was assisted in the planning by Jana Smith, Owner of Main Street Travel Company and co-host of the Let’s Talk About Disney Podcast.

So, it looks like we’ll be staying in one of our favorite Deluxe Resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge.  We decided to give up the Savannah View room in order to be able to afford to stay at this wonderful resort on such short notice.

Some of the ADRs we secured are:

  • Crystal Palace – An annual tradition to celebrate our birthdays with a character meal.  To top it off, we have an 8AM ADR so we have a chance to be leaving shortly before/after rope drop
  • Whispering Canyon Cafe – This is a new place for us.  I’ve been told to ask for the Catsup, but I’m not stupid and think I’ll go without the sweet, sweet tomato food enhancer.  I’m interested in trying out the bottomless milk shake
  • Jiko – Another establishment we are trying for the first time.  It’s in our resort so the fact that they prefer a more upscale dress (translation polo & khakis) isn’t that big of a deal.  We can pop upstairs and change before going anywhere else
  • Boma – A favorite breakfast choice of ours.  It’s an added bonus that it’s in the same resort.  I have a feeling we may eat here

There will be other places that we plan on going but will play it by ear (such as Beaches & Cream).  Being that we planned this less than 30 days out, we knew that our chances of getting our favorite restaurants was going to be slim with the Free Dining going on at the same time.

I’m really hoping that I can get the trip reports flowing again this time.  I apologize for dropping the ball on my June trip but I was just burned out and found that if I don’t write the trip reports as the trip was progressing, they’ll never get done.

I have configured my wife’s iPhone to be able to send posts to this blog and I had mine configured before MagicMeets.  So, there is the slight possibility that Enchanted Rose will be doing some micro-blogging as we go around and do things.

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

sambycat said...

yay! i can't wait! happy birthday and safe travels! i am in heavy duty withdrawals as i thought i was goining to go down in late october, but no such luck. send lots of picks and when are we all going to V&As??

safe and DRY journeys!!!!